Saturday, January 07, 2012

my 1001 northern sky posts and a ultra-cheap give-a-way

I started this blog on September 20, 2006. When I started this blog C was only five-years-old and in preschool which would have made K three.

An amazing number of posts were bits of my poetry (wow - that seems weird). An even more amazing number of posts were about embroidery. I've been a thrift store addict for longer than I realized too!!

On October 4, Anonymous responded to my blog to say "Beautiful pictures! I love Eloise Wilkins. To me, her pictures are exactly like I remember the things of my childhood." I am pretty sure that it was the first comment of a long-time reader and now dear friend named Judy from Anybody Home.

To celebrate friendships and on-line journals, I am giving away a crewel embroidery kit like the one I made my Mom for Christmas.


So that you know what you are getting yourself into, the finished size of the project is 18" by 24". What you will receive is the prestamped fabric (I bought this second stamped piece at the thrift store for 49-cents), the left-over wool from my kit, the cover from my kit, and the instructions from my kit. See, I told you I was cheap (I might send some more fun stuff with it).



Leave a comment and let me know if you are interested. I will draw a name (if necessary) on Friday the 13.

2 comments:

  1. sign me up! I've never done crewel but hey, it can't hurt to try, eh?

    1001 posts is an amazing accomplishment. I can't imagine ever reaching that number... wow! Congratulations Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blog anniversary. Completely agree with Michelle, 1001 posts is an amazing accomplishment. I wonder how many photos you have taken:)

    ReplyDelete