Tuesday, January 10, 2012

eye glass holders

Many, many years ago (I am pretty sure I was still working). I had bought an eyeglass holder similar to these. I was very good at putting my glasses away and always finding them. However, there was one draw back. The fabric always seemed to smudge my glasses. A couple (maybe three or four) of years ago, I got fed up and got rid of it. I intended to buy another one or make one. But I never did. The result was that I was forever wandering around the house looking for my glasses.

Finally, I made one. It was super simple.


I used a tomato paste can, fleece, some scraps from a shepherd's costume I made before Christmas, the very last bit of some lace, and a fun old button. It took no time at all to make. So I made another one.


Honestly, I think this second one took all of twenty minutes tops to make.


I love the way the look and now I can find my glasses.

P.S. If you like to see photos of my girls (I know some of you do), I finally took their school photos and they are on my other blog

Believe it or not, this blog has been around for five years and 1001 posts. If you are interested in my tiny give-away go to my previous post and enter.

Sharing at:

Strictly Homemade Tuesday

6 comments:

  1. Those are the cutest!! I love that idea. I think I am going to have to copy you! :)

    I have been to your other blogs and I can only agree that you have some mad photo (and writing) skills. Especially for people! Awesome! :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol my Mum could do with some of these for all her pairs of glasses. They're a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, they turned out awesome!
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely need to make myself one (or two) of these especially for my computer desk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are cute and functional. I have several pairs of glasses tossed all over the place. Wire frames, which are new, are painful and I take them off all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this idea! I do not have very good eyesight (I have worn glasses since I was 10 years old). I need something like this by my bedside. I will pin it to my cans and jars board, hope that's okay.

    ReplyDelete