- I cut the skirt off the tunic.
- When I was folding C’s jeans I noticed she had a pair of jeans that were too short for her that she was still wearing (she never seems to go out of the waist of anything) so I thought I could use them for this. What is especially nice about this is the pockets of the jeans are pink and glittery too.
- I cut the legs of the jeans
- I gathered the skirt of the tunic to fit around the hips of the jeans.
- I pinned the right sides together and sewed the skirt on. I flipped the skirt down only to realize the bottom ran out of thread about a third of the way around. Urgh.
- I cut part of the neckline and the ruffles off the tunic and sewed them onto a three-dollar long-sleeved t-shirt.
When C tried this on, I thought it looked a bit off so I found this old scarf and made it into a belt for her.
I am sharing this at: