Friday, April 04, 2014

It Is Finished!


A little more than two years after I started it. I finally finished this blanket for my father-in-law. Now, you must keep in mind that there were several six month stretches where I did not work on it at all. However, you can also blame it for why I haven't post in a very long time. I had a list of things I would not do until I finished the silly thing. I am very, very glad it is done!!


I backed it with camouflage fleece, which is hard to see in this photo. Then I blanket stitched the hem around the edge.

  

If there is one thing the girls could learn from my example is to see things through, no matter how hard or discouraging it might be. From a marathon, to this blanket, to an extra-curricular that I committed to that I find I no longer support, I stick it out (do not worry about the e.c. we will quit when the season for it quits in two weeks, however, I would never leave them in a lurch - I have an integral part in the program). 


I have a few things, I hope to catch you up on (my parents were here last weekend and Mom brought some stunning home-made Christmas gifts, the girls have been crafting, and I took some adorable photos of those twins about a month ago). 

But I will leave you with this for the moment.

5 comments:

  1. It's great! Your Father-in-law is going to love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A thousand oohs and a million ahhhs! Love the sticktoitiveness example, I needed to hear that today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Persistence is such an important trait you are teaching your girls, and commitment as well. Way to go, mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing! I remember when you first posted about the project! It is just beautiful ! What an heirloom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in LOVE with this! Oh my! This would look so awesome in our "White Tail Buck Room" as we call it. Also known as the spare bed room that stores our hunting stuff! LOL! It is beautiful. What a great gift. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete