This is the blouse I was working on for myself. I like it and I don't like it. I like the way it looks now that I've decided to wear the ties untied.
I don't like that the shoulders are a bit tight. I don't have a lot of experience redrafting patterns but I want to learn and this one would definitely need adjustments in the shoulders if I were to make it again. I would also want to reduce the depth of the neckline.
I apologize for the less than inspiring background. It is wet, windy, and cold and Tim has some cold action going on so I had him shoot these inside.
The sleeves fit a bit weird. I think there are two reasons. A.) the shoulders a bit too tight B.) when I measured the elastic for the cuffs, I measured right at my wrist and made it too tight - I think that looser would be better so it doesn't tug so much. I'm not sure I like how the pattern had me make the casing for the elastic either.
We had an odd week. We were just off. On Thursday, we were going to go to a piano museum in downtown St Paul. When we got there, we couldn't find parking. All the ramps were full and so were all the street spots. Turns out there were two big events going on: the boys hockey tournament and a Marriage Amendment Rally at the state capitol. We ended up canceling our field trip and we hope to reschedule. Doh!
I also went thrift shopping this weekend. I bought some sheets to convert into sewn items. BAD ON ME! Definitely an anti-stash bust move! I also bought some one dollar patterns. Including some that I hope to use for Renn Fest Costumes (I am really jazzed about them) and some really neat dress patterns for the girls.
- Fabric from sheet
- McCalls 6509 - a dollar purchase at JoAnns
P.S. I forgot to mention, I washed this after I made it and did not iron it again. I like that!!