Thursday, July 26, 2012

oh! for the life of a snail


Yeah!! VBS photos and videos, done! Photos from 65th wedding anniversary, done!! The girls have swimming every day for another five days and then our commitments dwindle to a minimum (until all the people who've talked to me about photos commit and schedule them - I would be fine if they didn't but Tim has this funny idea I should take the photo jobs. ;) ).


Today the girls went to Terrific Tuesdays so I had most of the day to myself. I intended to do nothing but create but that didn't happen. I ran errands, went to Goodwill to look for some big glass containers for caterpillars and maybe a cricket or two  (in addition to finding said glassware, I scored some cool Pierrot wallpaper and some old business column paper that I plan to convert into stationery among other things).  Then I mowed the front and back yard and hauled all our green yard waste to the compost facility.


We are going to start school again in August (we were done by the beginning of May so I want to ease in early). I also need to get some organizing and decluttering done. It has been on the list of things I want to get done but now it has become imperative since my MIL is coming to stay for ten days in September. 


I am ready for some breathing space and I am pretty sure that it is just around the corner. 


7 comments:

  1. Gosh those photos are great!!!

    Your life is certainly not moving at a snail's pace, is it? You've been BUSY, holey mackerel! I am so lazy by comparison, having done little all day. Oh well, maybe tomorrow eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely to step down off the treadmill once in a while. Hope you get your much needed rest and recuperation. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute little snail! :)

    Your photos are amazing. I think that its great that you have photo jobs. I would hire you! :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear things will be slowing down for you. I don't know how you do it! Send some of your energy my way!!
    xoxo
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pics! Yes, I need to slow down a tad like the snail! What a good reminder to me today! Thanks. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool snails! Glad things are slowing down. I remember those days when my daughter was young and there was something different almost every day. It wears thin after awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just thinking over the weekend that summer should be more like a snail, but often is not. You have accomplished so much with the huge road trip and video projects. I hope that preparations for homeschool go well.
    PS The goodwill wallpaper you found sounds so interesting!

    ReplyDelete