Monday, April 16, 2012

a book thing


It is no secret that I love books. I love fancy bookmarks too. I recently made these two (the one above and the one below) for friends. I was so smitten with the one below that I decided to use the ribbon to make one for myself too.



I actually ended up making two for myself. This ribbon (and the orange and turquoise ribbon) comes from the box of notions that my MIL sent me from her mom and dad's store.



I've already used my orange one. I read The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen by Syrie James using it. I read Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay this weekend on my 'new' Kindle. And now, I've started a biography on Laura Ingalls Wilder and have tucked the paisley bookmark in it.

Um, yes I have a Kindle. A dear friend of mine gave me her old one when her husband bought her the latest and greatest for Christmas. I've had it for several months but hadn't used it until this past week. We are reading Sarah's Key for my church book club and the library copies were all checked out so I decided to use my Kindle. I really like my Kindle but I like books far too much not to have them. :) Anyhow, if I got rid of my books and switched to a Kindle for everything, I wouldn't be able to use my pretty bookmarks and I would have no excuse to make more!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Those are so beautiful!! You have very lucky friends ;)
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. The books marks are really pretty! I agree with you wholeheartedly--I would much rather hold and read a book than read on Kindle (which I do not have).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your bookmarkers! How beautiful! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty bookmarks all of them. Sweet beaded embellishments on the ends there too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had me at orange and turquoise. They are all lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I love bookmarks. Sadly, I often mark pages with the slick pink paper from something rather unmentionable.

    ReplyDelete