Friday, February 10, 2012

Pinterest Projects (Mom, don't look until after 2/14)

It has been awhile since, I've shared Pinterest inspired crafts. Most of them are crafts that I do with the girls so you haven't seen them here.


The girls and I made two of these Hexagon Explosion Boxes from Crafts-For-All-Seasons as Valentine's Day gifts for the grands. You can see more photos on my other blog.


Once again, I find myself teaching art to kids. I have found a surprise in my life and that is I love to teach other people's kids. So I have once again got to teach others the joys of shaving cream marbleized paper.

The girls and I recently tried this bubble printing technique from a blog called The Chocolate Muffin that I found via Pinterest. It was really fun and I think it would be a great craft to do in the summer at something like VBS where you could do it outside.



This new technique of oil and food coloring from Unplug Your Kids is a new favorite. It is messy but the results are out of this world. I took lots of detail photos of all the special papers, which you can find on my other blog.


I've seen various version of these snowmen floating around on Pinterest. The version I pinned was actually from an Etsy shop. You can see a different shot of these guys as well as some paper bag snowmen puppets that the girls made on my other blog.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, your paper printing results are lovely. Will have to try some of those this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to work on every single one of these projects with my girls. The bubble print project is definitely out of this world. I love that effect - I am going to investigate further. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The oil/water one is very cool Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thoose papers are so pretty! I think you are right that they would make a good summer project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE your papers! So happy to hear about your teaching. Those kids will remember their 'art teacher' forever. ☺ Happy Saturday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow those papers are out of this world. I love pinterest so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've done the bubble paper with my daughter--I confess, I still like doing it myself. I have not found much time to browse pinterest lately, but when I do, I find so much awesome stuff it is overload!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The results from the oil and food coloring technique look so lovely! I've gotta got check out more photos of those.

    ReplyDelete