Before Christmas I had my first experience with puff paint. I immediately knew how to make this work. The puff paint would be my 'lead' and the kids could paint the design in.
It works like a charm. I am absolutely thrilled with how metallic and reflective they turned out.
I saw glitter glue at Dollar Tree. Three big bottles for one dollar. I thought that perhaps they would provide a cheaper alternative.
I am not in love with the glitter glue effect but it is a nice alternative.
These are simple to make but they do take a little planning and time because the glue drying times are long.
- puff paint
- discarded cds
- decorative paper
- sun catcher paint or glitter glue
- Drill a hole in your cd.
- Cut out discs of paper the size of the cd.
- Glue them to the back of the cd.
- Use puff paint to outline your design and add dividers for different colors.
- When the puff paint is dry, fill in your design with sun catcher paint or glitter glue.
- Glue a gem to the middle of the cd to cover the hole.