Monday, September 20, 2010

Today's Post is Brought to You By the Letter H

This letter H has been in my stash for a long time as have these little Amish children. Both were bought with the intention of making something for my MIL.


Several coats of black spray paint and ivory spray paint later, after an attack with a floral frog and a butter knife and some wet sanding...oh and some glue--you have a fun key hanger for someone who likes country style (my MIL).




Today I got a little gift in the mail. I won a drawing hosted by Kimberly at bugaboo, mini, mr. & me.

My little pin is very pretty on one of my favorite fall jackets. Thanks Kimberly!!


I am sharing this at:


mmm button
Sumo Sweet Stuff

15 comments:

  1. I used to be all country now gracious who knows what to call what style I am. You are so sweet to make this for your MIL. hugs♥olive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! And the pin is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i'm pretty sure your MIL is going to like it. it is very very lovely, melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! That would have been perfect for me many years ago! Since my name is Holly I loved Holly Hobbie and I drew those bonneted girls all the time.
    I'm sure your MIL will love it...nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute rack, you did a great job. What a nice pin, you won a good prize!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's cute, Melissa! You are so talented. I never would have thought to combine those elements into such a useful item. Thanks for sharing. Larri at Seams Inspired

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's lovely. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, cute! Love the country look made chic with the black and white color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that! Hope your MIL likes it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The monochrome colours make it.. you are rocking the black spray paint this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous4:17 PM

    These are adorable ideas:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved Holly Hobby as a kid and your Amish kids remind me of her. Also, that pin is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your MIL will love this...so thoughtful! Thanks for linking it up...hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these, they look great! The little Amish kids are adorable. I'm sure your MIL will love it!

    ReplyDelete