The process for this wreath is super easy.
You will need at least twenty-four handkerchiefs, a twelve inch wreath, and a roll of six inch tulle.
- Wash and iron your handkerchiefs. Starch your handkerchiefs. I would use a stronger starch next time - I would like my handkerchiefs to be a bit more stiff.
- Use a pencil to punch holes in the wreath at one inch intervals. The holes need to go all the way through the wreath. Enlarge them a bit by wiggling the pencil around in the hole.
- Bring all the corners of a hanky together and twist the middle of the hankderchief to a point. Insert a pencil, eraser side down, into the handkerchief and push it through a hole.
- Once the fabric is through pull it in firmly.
- Cut the back of the handkerchief or use a straight pin to pin it to the back.
- Repeat until all the handkerchiefs are inserted.
- Wrap the wreath in tulle and cut a few strips of tulle to tie around the wreath for more puffy interest.
The blouses are really simple. They are basically four rectangles. My Mom made these for the girls too.
I am sharing at:
The Girl Creative: Just Something I Whipped Up