Tuesday, August 03, 2010

My Amazing Mom and My Stupendous Children Part 2

Our favorite t-shirt (at least mine) was the Sharpie Tie Dyed T-shirts. I got the idea from Jamie at C.R.A.F.T. T-shirt crafts don't get easier than this and the elements required are probably things you already have: sharpies, t-shirts, and rubbing alcohol.


K's design style is always simplified. I haven't quite decided if it is because she loses interest or if she likes things simple. But aren't the vivid colors gorgeous?



C started out wanting to create fine detail. We tried to explain to her that it wouldn't work and when she finally grasped she could be abstract she went nuts. After the shirt was done, I went back and used a black Sharpie to outline the heart she had started out with. I love how it turned out.



Above you see another outfit that Mom made for the girls dolls. They are both gorgeous. The baby doll outfit is so sweet and perfect and I love the fabrics Mom used for the Rebecca doll. The fabrics are from a dress Mom made for C when C was much younger.

Here is a better look at the outfits.



I will be sharing this at:

Finding Fabulous: Frugalicious Friday





11 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike!! I love the tshirts. Some of the kiddo's in my craft time stuck to just one color and I really was a fan of how it turned out, depending on how many drops of the alcohol you put on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for letting me know! they turned out great! I am going to do a week of featuring crafts people made because of C.R.A.F.T. and you will be featured :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many fun projects...what a great treat for your girls. Moms are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your mom and your girls are wonderful...bookends to an awesome daughter/mom (you!)! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous4:01 PM

    I like her simple tie dyed shirt....I guess 'cause I'm kind of a simple vanilla type girl myself:) But then I love the "heart" one too! I wish I had thought to make tie dyed shirts with my grand-daughter when she was here. She would have loved that and thought I was the greatest Gmama' in the world. Maybe next time. :) But I did sew for her. The girls are lucky to have a grand-mother who sews and can make fabulous doll clothes....sweet....sweet! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the shirts! The doll dresses are so sweet, and I really like that doll chair!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the T-shirts, they both look really cool.. sounds like a fun craft too, another one to put on my to-try list!

    Cute dolls dresses, I've decided to try and make some dresses for Cyan's dolls and toys for her birthday, I haven't made any for them yet, my mum always used to make them for mine when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the tee shirts turned out very nice. I love the little heart. It's interesting that you point out your daughter's simplified approach. My son rushes through activities but I always saw it as a lack of interest. I'll have to pay more attention next time. It could be that he likes thing simplified too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE tie die...haven't done it in ages, but what a great summer craft with kids. Your mom did a fantastic job with the dolls outfits. (Your girls are adorable btw :)).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those t-shirts are so much fun. I love how you create for and with your children.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your girls' shirts turned out gorgeous! I saw that project and loved it too - thanks for reminding me to actually go DO it!

    ReplyDelete