Or at least, a huge creative success.
I saw the idea for this years ago when we took the girls to a play of Charlotte's Web. Attached to the theater was a small art gallery. Hanging in the gallery was a huge canvas, a white on white creation of flowers. The flowers were all made out of recycled lids. I always thought I wanted to make some myself.
Mine is much more simple. I used recycled lids for the blossoms and the leaves (the leaves are lids from oval body wash containers) and the stems are straws. The base is a shelf from one of those prefabricated modular storage shelves that I didn't use and has been laying around for years. Spray paint and glue = a simple whimsical picture for K's room.
K loves it she has requested that in addition to these 'dandelions' that I make her dark purple violets and orange day lilies.
Last Weeks Highs:
Anna from Moon River makes these beautiful fused dichroic glass pendants.
Cecily from Craftopotamus made this bag which recycles birdseed bags. It has been featured all over blogland and it deserves it.
Laurie at Scene of the Grime updated her burlap wreath using painted plastic decorative fencing.
Anji from Starking Crafty Party Ideas did a Dalek Pirate themed party for her son. She made loads of cute things and had great game and craft ideas. My favorite were the dalek flags she made. She is our Creative High Winner of the week.
1. Link to your specific post, not the main page of your blog. Link to something you made that shows off your creative genius; something that gave you a creative high kind of like the endorphin rush that runners talk about. It can be an old post or a new post but it needs to be something you made.
2. Give your entry a descriptive title.
3. Use my button to link back to the party or add a text link in your post.
4. I can't accept links to etsy shops or online stores but I will accept parties and give-a-ways.
5. By entering your link, you are giving me permission to use any part of your post including pictures in a spotlight at Those Northern Skies (appropriate credit and links will be given to you and your blog of course).
1. Every Friday at the next party, I will highlight my favorite posts from the previous week.
2. My favorite entrant of the week will win an advertisement in my sidebar free of charge for one month (four weeks). If you do not have a shop, I can put your blog button up or if you would rather I can put up a button for your favorite charity.
3. In addition, for those who make a project inspired by one of my projects or one of my tutorials, I will pick one winner a month and they will get to keep an advertisement in my sidebar for two months. Plus all inspired entrants will be part of a featured post at the end of the month.
I will be sharing this at: