Then I glued portions of map in the doors. I cut out NWES out of map paper to decoupage on the top.
|When we moved into this house it had lace mini-blinds. I love how they look but it is time to replace them. You can see them and the sheers in front of them reflected in the very glossy surface of this table.|
I poured Envirotex Lite Finish on the top and on the doors and bought ORB knobs for the door knobs.
I didn't manage the top as well as I would like. It managed to seep over the edges and so the edge beveling is a bit messy some of it is glazed and some is not. :(
One thing I do like about the finished piece is that it provides storage for extra pillows and blankets. I also love how the map-work turned out. It is what I envisioned. I just wish the painting and the finishing looked nicer and more 'finished.'
If I had my druthers, I would distress this baby but hubs hates distressed furniture so I restrained myself (so I can have loads of doilies in the living room).
I will be sharing this at: