Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Lamp Refashion

I bought this lamp at GW because I loved it (turns out hubby doesn't love it as much). I love the pendants and the detail of it. I hated the shade but thought I might be able to transform it.

When I got home I opened the door and out it fell bending the electrical hardware. I brought it to the hardware store for a repair and then painted it with ORB spray paint.

The massive shade wasn't going to work and so after several wreck and ruins I came up with a new shade that I liked. It isn't perfect and has some mistakes that are going to bug me until I decide to redo it but for now - it works and I love the look if I ignore the not obvious mistakes. :)

I recovered a shade with fabric and then hot glued on the trim and floral embellishment. Suzanne at Just Another Hang-up Posts a great tutorial for refinishing a shade with fabric.
Unfortunately what started out as fifteen dollar lamp probably ended up costing me close to fifty. :(

Places I am sharing this at:


Hump Day link



Make it Yours @ My Backyard Eden



Get your craft on Thurs.






giveaways



Beyond The Picket Fence

10 comments:

  1. Ugh. It DID start out bad. But, I LOVE what you did to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh, sometimes things go a different direction, but your finished product is gorgeous!! It is def a beautiful lamp...love the prisms and shape.
    *hugs*Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sparkly details are my favorite part. I can see why it caught your eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty details, especially the way you photographed them. Lamps are expensive: if you get something you really like for $50, I think you're doing pretty well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the prisms on this lamp -- just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh i just love that lamp, and what you have done to it! Fab!! Oooww i am just a tad envious ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is it wrong that I actually liked it before too? I'm such a sucker for lamps. I have only cheapos in our house but always love browsing stores with quality lighting or just junk sales with different lighting...

    Strange, I know!

    I'm so envious of your creativity. I'm just not that crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous lamp. You would pay a couple hundred dollars at least to get something that detailed today...I'd say you did pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty pretty pretty. A great redo! Worth it, don't you think? Clever lady.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your lamp redo turned out just wonderfully! I LOVE it! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete