Wednesday, July 28, 2010

hat mania

I am compulsively making hats. Here are three I made yesterday.


This one is disappointing. I messed it up more ways than I care to admit, which is particularly sad because while I got the fabric from the remnants bin - it was a very expensive bit of fabric. In addition, before I sewed the hat, I added beads and sequins to the decorative stitching.


This one is the same pattern as the one above. I love the color and the fabric (my husband doesn't like it at all). The only thing I would do differently is the lining. I made the lining out of the same fabric as the exterior because I wanted to see how it effected the body of the hat. I think I would do it with a light-weight lining next time!!

Um, I don't know what to tell you about the tongue. A dear friend of mine took these photos while I was at her placing doing laundry.

The fabric is from old ties. I want to make it again with a couple of modifications  so that the hat flops a bit more. The shape is too much like that of an onion dome.

As I mentioned earlier, a friend took these photos for me. For the past three weeks, I've been doing laundry at her place because my washing machine is broken (they are supposed to repair it tomorrow). To thank her for letting me do my laundry at her house I made her a pair of embroidered napkins. Here they are in all their un-ironed glory!!


I am sharing this at:

make it wear it

3 comments:

  1. You're becoming a bit of a mad hatter! I like the blue print hat.. The embroidered napkins are a nice little thank you.. I was without a washing machine for a while last year, it is awful, I have a lovely Miele now which was so worth the bit extra cost ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want you to know that if you'd like, you can do your laundry at my house. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the official hat lady!! You look good in them too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete