Thursday, July 08, 2010

cut glass necklace

Take one old salt or pepper shaker and be inspired by Mich L. in L.A. She posted the coolest 'shabby chic' necklace using an old shaker.

On me it hangs about as far as it does shown on C. I pulled it down her back so you could see. (She is kind to model for me).

The girls both want me to put something in it like Michelle suggests.


The back of the necklace.

What do you think? I like it. I wore it today and it was fun to see the light reflect off it all around the car while I was driving.

I am sharing this at:


HookingupwithHoH








mmm button

13 comments:

  1. How pretty!!! Love it!!
    ~ Michella ~
    ~ ~ xo ~ ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh...I likey! That is a gorgeous necklace...and a gorgeous little girl too! I love the back too. Great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really cool idea--especially when one of a set breaks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a pretty necklace. Your daughter looks like a princess. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really fun Melissa! You could definitely have fun with putting different things inside..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is a genius idea....I love it! Thanks for sharing and participating in the party:) Have a great weekend. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool! I love the gorgeous shaker you found, and your beautiful necklace...thanks for hacking me, I am honored! -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one beauty of a necklace! Gorgeous!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! Oh, now what would you put inside?? That will be fun!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just visiting from debbiedoos party! How pretty. It looks very nice on her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous2:45 PM

    Just recently I found one antique shaker at a church sale. Very petite, almost one person size, that would be perfect for this project. Makes me wish even more there had been 2 or more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That turned out great. I will be keeping my eye out for something like this at the sales now. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete