Monday, July 12, 2010

Cool Clock Craft and a Little Bragging

This is the first of two clock crafts I will be sharing this week. The second will be even cooler if it turns out as I expect it to!!


This is super simple to do.

Take your clock apart and remove the workings from the face.

Cut a picture to size and glue to the face of the clock. Seal it with some sort of decoupage medium and then finish it with a pour on poly finish (to keep the beads from wrecking it).

Repaint the clock as you desire (since I always neglect before pictures, this was a stained brown with a gold rim around the clock face - classic maybe - but dull and dark).

Reassemble the clock putting the beads between the glass of the clock and the face. And you are done!!


I distressed the edges of the clock by lightly sanding them.


And now for my little brag. I ran a 5K this weekend and did terribly and I am now down by 23 pounds!! :)

I hope you all had a great weekend! Do you have anything to brag about?

I will be sharing this at:




Sumo Sweet Stuff




mmm button




Birthday Wedding cakes crafts parties


Prior

13 comments:

  1. This is an excellent idea! Looks great. Congrats on running 5k - that would've killed me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the run and the loss...what a great accomplishment. The clock frame is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea, I'll be keeping my eyes open for pretty but non-functional clocks now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your girls look lovely 'trapped in time'! What a cute idea.. Well done on the 5k, I have neglected running for a long time now..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable clock! What a great idea! And CONGRATS to you! You should feel so proud of yourself for such an awesome accomplishment (the 5k and pounds down) - both are tough - and you did it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is EXTRA pretty!!! I never would have come up with that, but now I HAVE to find me one of these clocks. The beads inside: great idea! Congratulations on the run AND the pounds. I'm so impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out really very pretty! And congrats on the run! I just started a link party and I would LOVE it if you'd consider adding your crafts to it! I'm having flower headband giveaway as part of our first party too! http://imtopsyturvy.com/index.php/2010/07/topsy-turvy-tuesdays-1/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on running the 5K. Have I ever told you about when I ran in track and, because of my hip operations causing me to be so slow, was waved off the track? That never stopped me. So just because you think you did terrible running the 5K don't let that stop you. Remember, Grandpa M. was in his 50's when he decided to do something about his health and started running.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty! And congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a clever idea to use for a clock face! It turned out adorable! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there! I just gave you a blog award! Check out the link here:
    http://sceneofthegrime.blogspot.com/2010/07/sunshine-n-happiness.html
    Love your clock! Love Laurie from Scene of the Grime

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for joining my Prior Lives Party! and what a wonderful clock turned photo holder... I love the pic you chose, too...Very Sweet! and BBBBiiiGGG congrats on the 5K and weight loss! That is just sooo awesome! Lezlee

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this idea, I'm on the hunt for an old clock!
    Susanne.

    ReplyDelete