Wednesday, April 07, 2010

exploring and reading

When we visit my parents, we usually keep life low key. During our Easter visit, we mostly explored and read. I finished Mansfield Park by Jane Austen and The World According to Garp by John Irving both of which I was about half way through. I also read Lady Susan by Jane Austen.


Since my parents are three hundred miles further south than we are - they have a few small flowers poking up and blooming in the woods where we explored around the Red Rock Dam area.


Ivan's Cove has been closed for several years and there is some abandoned playground equipment - I love the strangeness of playground equipment in what appears to be wild woodland.





We discovered this sign after we spend the better part of the hour exploring the top of the hill. Whoops!!


Who can say why a broken bridge fascinates me so much.


Or why I would hang under a suspended branch just to take a photo.


I love this wide angle of my Dad for some reason it reminds me of a photo my Mom took of him before I was born - it is of him fooling around in autumnal trees in N.C.



This goose just makes me laugh.


The dam and a variety of fishers.



I love flood waters for unique reflection shots.



There were, of course, lots of fallen trees for the girls to climb.






I am sharing this at A Few of My Favorite Things - because it is!!

5 comments:

  1. I love the black and white pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Veronica - the black and white pics look great. Looks like you and your family had a great time at such a beautiful park. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoah! One of my 'bucket list' items is to read all Jane Austen's novels, and I had not heard of Lady Susan! Thank you, I will have to find out more and add her to the list...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it fun to watch kids discover and explore? Thanks for posting on Favorite Things Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This foto are wonderful, you are a great photografer!

    ReplyDelete