Tuesday, April 13, 2010

embroidery for my father-in-law

My mil decorates my fil's bedroom (yes they have separate rooms). And one of his 'themes' is deer. Because she decorates it - he gets to have lots of throw pillows on his bed.


When we were at my parent's for Easter, I had my Mom walk me through the finishing of this pillow. I've only made a replaceable pillow cover once and wasn't sure how to do it. I have never done the decorative cord. Turns out it was good to go to my Mom's. I have some bizarro zipper foot on my machine that doesn't work and I needed a zipper foot!


I started embroidering this guy a couple of years ago and as I sometimes do - I got bogged down so I stopped. I pulled him out and finished him this spring so now I can give him to my fil for Father's Day.

If you click on the picture you can get a bigger view and you might be able to see that I used beads on the flowers.




Unfortunately, Mom and I messed up when we put the back on the pillow so half the deer are upside down. Oops. At least it is the back.

I am sharing this at:



Keeping it Simple: Motivate me Monday

Tea Rose Home: Wednesday at Tea Rose Home Link Party

My Backyard Eden: Make it Yours Day

The Shabby Chic Cottage: Transformation Thursday

Life as Lori: Get Your Craft on Thursday

Somewhat Simple: Strut Your Stuff

Fireflies and Jellybeans: Show Off Your Stuff

Beyond the Picket Fence: Under $100 Linky Party

8 comments:

  1. Did a great job! looks very nice. I'm sure you are quite proud of yourself for mastering this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks great, you are very creative and talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work, I love embroidery - I find it relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I think my Father-in-law would like this too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pillow is wonderful!

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday. Please join me next week for another great party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work! It's neat that the back of the pillow is a deer print!

    Thanks for linking up to Make it Yours Day! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GOOD FOR YOU!! You finished an unfinished project and it looks fabulous. I know your FIL is going to love it. I had to LOL when I saw the back. I have done the EXACT same thing (more then once.)

    Thanks for sharing and joining my linking Party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the retro feel to this pillow!

    ReplyDelete