Wednesday, February 10, 2010

book pages: collection 2

Fawnda from Fireflies and Jellybeans is looking for book pages projects and so I am collecting a bunch of my different projects in one place. I went through a season of decoupaging tissue box covers. I did probably a dozen. These feature book pages and are my favorites.


This one is perhaps my all-time favorite. My sister is a librarian. She gives me the coolest old books that I use in my crafts.



The images on these tissue boxes are from a Hammond's Natural History book. The brown box is for my Dad and the green one is for my SIL.






This is a tissue box cover for my Mom. When I saw this box at the thrift store and it was only 99 cents, well...I knew it would have to be a special box so I decided to do it for my Mom. I cut the flowers and butterflies from a Hammond's Natural History book. I gave myself a headache cutting the flowers that is about as much fine detail cutting as I have ever done. I gave myself a second headache when I clear-coated it. For some reason, I decided to go with the super-thick glossy clear-coat on it and so more propellant and more fumes. But if I do say so myself, it is lovely.




1 comment:

  1. awesome job! Thanks for sharing! I will be featuring these too! : )

    ReplyDelete