Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Bookworm Meme

I've always meant to play along with this meme and now I am. I grabbed a tag from Misty at A Day in My Life.

The rules for it are fun.

Open the closest book to you, not your favorite or most intellectual book, but the book closest to you at the moment, to page 56.Write the 5Th sentence, as well as two to five sentences following that.

Young Goodman Brown and Other Stories by Nathaniel Hawthorne

You, methinks, would estimate it rightly. You, I know, would hear it with a reverence that I must not expect from the harsh, material world."

"Would I not? to be sure I would!" replied Annie Hovenden, lightly laughing. "Come explain to me quickly what is the meaning of this little whirligig, so delicately wrought that it might be the plaything for Queen Mab. See; I will put it in motion.

It really is the book nearest to me. It was on the top of a close to two foot tall pile on the table that sits near my chair at the computer desk.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE Hawthorne, now I will have to go scare some up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fun book! There's probably not many books with the word, "whirligig" so delicately included!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fun meme. I might just play along!

    I can assure you, though, my book wouldn't be so intelligent. Maybe something more like "I am Sam. Sam I am." :)

    ReplyDelete