Thursday, September 04, 2008

thrift store goodies



Yesterday, Light and I took a load of stuff to the thrift store before I took her to school. I found lots of excellent items - including the complete audio dramatizations (in four audio books) of The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings for the cost of one of the audio books. I also got oodles of hardcover, illustrated classics, two big lovely lace doilies, a green plastic floral frogs with metal pins for my floral frog collection (29 cents), a couple of gifts for the MIL, and so forth. I also got these two raggedy doll figures. Light was the one who spied them out. They were 75 cents a piece. They make me smile whenever I glance at them and they are on my treasure pile here by the computer.

7 comments:

  1. Very sweet--I came home with a rather large pile from the thrift shop today as well. :)

    And I am sorry about the craziness that school and whatnot have created--that much driving drives me insane (though I don't mind distance driving in the least.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:48 AM

    Lol too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you got some wonderful bargains. Thinking of you with the school journeys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ann and Andy, my raggedy friends, have found a nice home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking for metal flower frogs since you mentioned collecting them. I have NEVER found any for a good deal.

    The glass kind, yes. But never the metal ones.

    Thrift shopping is just SO fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They do look just like childhood to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous8:26 AM

    I ran across your post while searching for lace doilies. Love all the nice things that you can find at a Thrift Store. We are such a throw away society, someone elses discards can become our treasures. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete