Monday, July 02, 2007

around the yard (and one trail item)







I took this along the trail. I rather like it. It is quite nice in color and I will probably include it in my calendar. I hope to make some time soon to create a couple of blogs displaying pictures I plan to use in the calendar and book. The calendar will be color and the book will be black and white.

We've had two rather interesting trail incidents lately. Last week we shrieked down the steep hill and turned left onto the trail. We go ten to twenty yards under a canopy of trees and then break out into a more open area. Right where the trees break off, we saw a fox cross the trail. Just as he was about to dive into the tall grass he stopped and looked at us. He then uttered a sharp bark and took off into the grass yelping and barking as he went. I think he was complaining. To be honest, I found it a bit eerie and it scared the girls.

The second trail incident occurred a few days later. We were going the opposite direction on the trail and were again in a wooded area. A squirrel went as if to cross the trail ahead of us. Rather than cross, he turned and ran alongside of us for a couple of minutes.



5 comments:

  1. hiya, ME :)

    I thought about you when I saw this in Sunday's paper...

    http://www.parade.com/celebrate/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the fox would have made me a little nervous. I'm adding a link to the Maxwell Family Blog. If you go, scan down several posts ... they had a squirrel actually climb up on them and went home with them. Very funny - your girls would enjoy the story and pictures. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:30 PM

    How cool. I like foxes, although they can be scrawny looking characters near us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:29 AM

    I am looking forward to this book and calendar of yours--they will be awesome!

    The creepy fox, we had a similar thing happen at my dad's property --the noises running away are a way of warning the other foxes in the area that something scary is there.

    I love the picture above with the girls.

    ReplyDelete