Monday, June 11, 2007

what a normal day often looks like

I woke up around 4:30, which is earlier than average. Usually, I wake up closer to 5:30. I ate breakfast and proofed five articles. I came downstairs, started editing, and did some blog reading in snatches.

The girls were up around six. Usually, I try to convince them to go back to bed. However, since I am trying to lose weight, I thought I should start taking their early rising as an opportunity for an early workout. We went for a mile long run during which I found this beetle half-dead.


Surrendering part of my morning is a bit frustrating as I lose my best writing time (what I write early in the morning, requires fewer revisions) but I suppose the benefits will weigh out.

After the run, I get the girls breakfast, hubby's breakfast, and I pack hubby's lunchbox (he prepares his lunch the night before, I just move it to the box). I got some laundry going and the dishwasher going and folded clothes. I made sure hubby was up by eight.

At eight=thirty the girls and I went outside, I cleared the weeds out of the backyard sunflower bed while they played. Hubby left around 9:15. We stayed outside and I continued working. I tied up my tomatoes some more (some are approaching three feet tall) and then I mowed the front yard. I used the clippings to mulch around the sunflowers.

At ten-thirty, the girls and I came inside. C took a bath while I showered and K watched a video. After my shower, K got in the tub and C listened to an audio book. I took the time to vacuum and sweep all the floors on the entry and main level.

At nearly noon, we ran out to pick up a few things we were short on. At one, we were home and the girls ate lunch. I ate and did some straightening up while they ate. After I put the girls in bed, I finished up one of the collages I've been working on, edited some articles, wrote this, and did a bunch of other misc. stuff.

In the breadbox of your affections, regard me as a crumb.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:42 PM

    I love this type of post. So regular and soothing. Domestic sorts of reading is resting to me, esp. now. :)

    And as to the breadbox of my affections---darlin'---in mine you're a slice of apple pie.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Day is Busy & Productive :)

    poor half-dead beetle...I never know quite what to do about bugs when I find them about & they're obviously not feelin' well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely day. Those early rising kidlets can be a bit frustrating though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Me.

    In the breadbox of my affections, you are the WHOLE loaf.

    I too, love this kind of post.

    So real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a very productive day! :o) That was fun to read! One of my children read a biography of Teddy Roosevelt. He hated the time exercise required; he thought exercise was boring. Oh, how that spoke to me - lol!! I'm trying to learn to love it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:02 AM

    I thought me getting up at 6/6:30 was early. :)

    I need to get walking again but have mostly been pacing around the house when I need to think--which lately is a lot of walking. :) Actually pacing while thikning is a pretty productive type of excercise--nd pacing around the outside of the house gets me some sun as well. :) Writing early or late is best for me--least productive time of the day is mid afternoon--I can't do ANYTHING during that time, somehow it always slips right by. :)

    ReplyDelete