Thursday, September 21, 2006

a simple life


"I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all." Laura Ingalls Wilder

It is fascinating that the desire for a simpler life is seen even then, in a time most people would not have considered terribly complicated.

C, my oldest, has recently become a Laura Ingalls Wilder fan. We have the unabridged audio tapes for the first two books of the series and she loves them. They are read by "Cherry Jones" who the entire family enjoys as a narrator. As usual it sparks my desire to know more so I am now reading "A Little House Reader" which a compilation of quotes from writings throughout Laura's life. It really is fascinating to me how they lived as they settled the prairie. It also fascinates me to read of the wandering spirit of Pa and how often they moved.

2 comments:

  1. "I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all."

    I couldn't agree more... and what a lovely image to illustrate your topic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely blog, and the photographs are, of course, wonderful.

    It's good to see you writing again.

    Jerry

    ReplyDelete