Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Rooster Box


I've had the box I used for this project for several years. It was a simple but very sturdy box. Green on the outside and black on the inside.

I spray-painted it (as well as the rooster and the wooden applique) with Krylon's Hammered Copper Paint last spring.

Then it sat around all summer.


Last weekend, I finally glued it all together and embellished it a bit. The thing on the front of the box is the finial for a wall lamp. The lamp hangs above the stairs to the basement and there wasn't room for the finial so I have hung onto it for several years.


This is intended for my MIL but I am not sure how well it will ship. It isn't my style at all. Anybody live in the Twin Cities area and love roosters? You can have it. :)

I will be sharing this at:


Get your craft on Thurs.
HookingupwithHoH

8 comments:

  1. I think that would ship ok, and I'm sure that your MIL would love it. I recognize that rooster, I got one and gave it a facelift too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, you just won two items over at Atelier Caroline! Congratulations!

    That's such a pretty box and how kind of you to give it away.

    Hope you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Your mother in law is missing out.Just ship it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! That final makes a great embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also think it would ship well. I think your MIL would appreciate it. You really gave it a good facelift! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so sweet of you. It will ship fine...just bubble wrap real good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've taken clunky things to the UPS store and they wrap them up for me. I think it will ship ok. Thanks so much for linking up to Finished for Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's great! I would love for you to come link this up at my Strut Your Stuff Party, and enter the giveaway as well!
    http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/11/strut-your-stuff-link-party-and.html

    ReplyDelete