I’ve been meaning to make tp albums for a long time. Now that I am participating in Robin’s Stashbusting September, I decided to just do it.
I made an album and had the girls work along with me.
My album is designed as a gift for some friends so I am not showing the inside. However, you can see the cool thing about these albums – built in pockets. I put quotes about friendship in each pocket.
K filled her pockets up with confettie and the illustrated the lifecycle of a flower on each page (can you see the rather camoflauged flower on the front?
C made a cover for hers and has not gone further. She wants to use the pockets for letters from her best friend.
Other embellishments if desired.
Remove all remnants of tp from your tp roll. Then flatten the roll.
Cut a piece of paper long enough to wrap around your roll and wide enough to extend beyond the edges.
Cover one side of your roll with glue.
Lay it the tp roll on one end of your paper with a bit of an edge for an overlap.
Cover the exposed side of your tp roll with glue and fold the paper over it. Fold the narrow flap first.
Trim the paper (adults can always tuck the extended edges into the roll for a more finished look.
Punch holes on one side of each roll for binding.
Run ribbon through the holes and tie it to make pretty bows.
Decorate your album in anyway you desire.
Last Week's Creative Highs!!
If you put tags or pull-outs in the pockets consider using eyelets to reinforce the hole that you thread the ribbon through.
Laurie at Scene of the Grime did this fabulous refashion to make a wonderfully boho sign for her fence.
Megan at Fowl Single File had a brilliant idea. She devised a stroller scavenger hunt. I remember the days of walking with a stroller and singing and reciting non-stop and bringing a generous supply of Cheerios hoping that would keep them entertained. I wish I had known about stroller scavenger hunts!!
I love the block nativity by Learning to Be Me. I wanna do it outdoor size!! And she is this weeks Creative High Winner.
Let's Start This Weeks Party!!
1. Link to your specific post, not the main page of your blog. Link to something you made that shows off your creative genius; something that gave you a creative high kind of like the endorphin rush that runners talk about. It can be an old post or a new post but it needs to be something you made.
2. Give your entry a descriptive title.
3. Use my button to link back to the party or add a text link in your post.
4. I can't accept links to etsy shops or online stores but I will accept parties and give-a-ways.
5. By entering your link, you are giving me permission to use any part of your post including pictures in a spotlight at Those Northern Skies (appropriate credit and links will be given to you and your blog of course).
1. Every Friday at the next party, I will highlight my favorite posts from the previous week.
2. My favorite entrant of the week will win an advertisement in my sidebar free of charge for one month (four weeks). If you do not have a shop, I can put your blog button up or if you would rather I can put up a button for your favorite charity.
3. In addition, for those who make a project inspired by one of my projects or one of my tutorials, I will pick one winner a month and they will get to keep an advertisement in my sidebar for two months. Plus all inspired entrants will be part of a featured post at the end of the month.
I will be sharing this at: