Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Draws Near


Last week, I was sick, which is why I disappeared. I am feeling better now. The girls had an extremely busy weekend. On Saturday morning, they delivered food bags to the unemployed and underemployed in our area. They had been raising money in Kidz Klub and the group was able to distribute 47 bags of food that also included grocery store gift cards in them.


In the afternoon, the girls had dress rehearsal for their Christmas program. While they were busy Tim and I combed the local stores battling the Christmas crowds to find white pants.

On Sunday evening, we got to watch the girls' Christmas program.





WHITE PANTS! SCORE ONE FOR PERSISTENCE (I am glad I stuck to my guns and didn't get leggings).




C did such a nice job with her reading part - I wish my flash would have fired.




I entertained myself during the week by exhuming photos from a trip back to Kansas that I took in 2007 and making a little video feature music from the 70's rock group Kansas.

6 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you were. The kiddos are angelic. Have a Merry Christmas and I am so glad you are teaching them the lessons of giving and being generous. We talk about being ridiculously generous at our church and we attempt to practice that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed you, too! Glad to hear you are feeling better. The video is awesome & as always, the photos of the play are just wonderful. Have a Blessed and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you back! The girls are so sweet and the program looks so heartwarming. Loved the video too!
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like the program was a success. So glad you are feeling better.

    Merry Christmas and happy thoughts for a lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are okay. In our parts there is a terrible stomach bug going round and many have fallen ill.
    The Christmas concert is beautifully shot, love the halos too. I think it is wonderful that your girls are involved in the food program.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful photos. Your girls look wonderful, I can see that you are a proud Mummy.

    x

    ReplyDelete