Monday, June 27, 2011

pants for lounging in and flowers from walks

I made myself some lounge pants from an old flat sheet. They are your basic drawstring pants and since I don't particularly care for photos of myself and hate to ask hubs to take them anyhow all you are going to get to see is a detail shot of the hem. Rather than hem them, I cut them out so the bottom of the leg came out as the decorative edge of the sheet.



The nice thing about old sheets is that they are completely worn in and very soft. They are also a nice light weight.



The girls and I try to take a walk every morning. We often pick flowers from along the trail.



Common lawn clover in a bottle that was once a salt or pepper shaker.





12 comments:

  1. I call it! I want to live next-door to you in Heaven.
    Loooove the pants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I REALLY want to see you in those sheet pants! If I can show you a picture of myself in the pool...you can show a picture of yourself in those pants. :) Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! I bet they are uber comfy and it was a stroke of genius to cut them so as to use the finished end for the cuffs. And the clover is lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pants are darling! And the flowers are beautiful. How lovely you take walks with your children each day. They'll remember that always. Happy Monday! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great and the flower photographs are beautiful. The colour of the glass in the first flower photograph is gorgeous. I'm rather partial to green glass.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, those pants are so cool!!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My Gosh! Those pants are a darling idea... I have a couple of old sheets that I bought for peasant tops... but I like this idea better. Your posies are precious. I always admire your photo skills! :)

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll bet those are the softest lounge pants ever! The flowers are so pretty & you've made the "common clover" look regal in your photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute night pants and such pretty pickens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea!! They are sooo cute! Now I know what to do with all those top sheets after the fitted bottom wears out.
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
  11. What I've seen of the pants I like. Specially the decorative hems. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great idea on re-purposing those sheets. I'll be looking around my old sheets to see what I can make out of them.

    Love your photos, they are so artistic and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete