- I used an old Scrabble board as the base for my game board and used map papers to cover it up.
- I glued images into old checker pieces to make the game pieces for our game.
- I printed out the question and answer cards on card stock.
History Study Game
- Every player or team selects a chip and starts at the circle marked Start.
- The first player rolls his dice. Another player pulls the card from the top of the stack and asks the review question. If the player can answer the question, he gets to move the number of circles indicated by the dice. If he cannot answer the question, he must remain where he is.
- Play the circles with instructions on them according to the instructions, if you land on them.
- The first player to reach the circle marked Finish is the winner.
Revising the Game
- The History Study Game is flexible. It can be revised to be used as a review tool for whatever area you are studying.
- Either the teacher or the students can write up a new batch of question cards to cover the new material.