Friday, October 22, 2010

Autumn Fun T-shirts for Art Class


This weeks craft project for school were these Sharpie Tie-Dyed T-shirts with Fall Silhouettes. T-shirt crafts don't get easier than this and the elements required are probably things you already have: sharpies, t-shirts, and rubbing alcohol. I got the idea for Sharpie Tie-Dye from Jamie at C.R.A.F.T.

After the t-shirts were dyed, we traced autumn themed silhouettes onto the t-shirts either free-hand or using cookie cutters as stencils.

Here are is the front of my shirt


and here is the back



I am going to share a photo of a funny spook I see almost daily.

8 comments:

  1. Fun craft idea! I like the bright colors and the fact that it's probably impossible to go wrong! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what fun and so easy those sharpie tie dyed T's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for the shirts! Also, great photos...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, Melissa! If I had to see that Spook daily, I'd get creeped out. LOL Thanks for sharing. Happy Saturday! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just learned how to tie dye like this not long ago. It's a great way to get a similar look w/o the mess. Smart idea to decorate over the tie dye, adds another layer to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shirts turned out beautifully -- I've never tried that technique before!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol @ the spook.

    I loved the t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That guy IS spooky. Neat idea for t-shirts. I love Sharpies.

    ReplyDelete