I made this.
The heart is made of a well-loved baby quilt I picked up at the thrift store last month. It was hand quilted and had obviously been washed many times as it had quilted up beautifully and was super-soft. I made a pocket for the front of the pillow using a fabric-centered doily I had in my stash.
I scanned all the pages of the program into my computer and printed them on fabric. I used a button to tack some lace and ribbon onto the front as a decorative element.
Before I went to the basement to fashion this last night, I watched a special on 9-11. Nine-years later and it is still appalling and completely overwhelming. I remember.
My oldest was one-week-old that day. I woke up and came out of the bedroom with her to find my parent's watching t.v. My Dad said that my husband had called from work that morning and told them to turn on the television but not to wake me up. As I stood there I saw the second plane crash into the second tower. It was unbelievable. Surreal.
As I worked on this little pillow, I was struck by the fact that this little one was incredibly important to her parents and so was every single person who died because of those four attacks. Sometimes the scope of the tragedy obscures the personal nature of the tragedy.
Your Creative Highs
Fonda at Southern Scraps made this adorable Ann Taylor Loft cuff bracelet.
I am not too big on subway art but this one from Amber Lou at the Paisley Cupcake is funny and I would use one like this one (if I had a pretty laundry room).
Candy corn is one of my favorite seasonal candies so Jessica from Champan Place is the winner of this weeks Creative High.
1. Link to your specific post, not the main page of your blog. Link to something you made that shows off your creative genius; something that gave you a creative high kind of like the endorphin rush that runners talk about. It can be an old post or a new post but it needs to be something you made.
2. Give your entry a descriptive title.
3. Use my button to link back to the party or add a text link in your post.
4. I can't accept links to etsy shops or online stores but I will accept parties and give-a-ways.
5. By entering your link, you are giving me permission to use any part of your post including pictures in a spotlight at Those Northern Skies (appropriate credit and links will be given to you and your blog of course).
1. Every Friday at the next party, I will highlight my favorite posts from the previous week.
2. My favorite entrant of the week will win an advertisement in my sidebar free of charge for one month (four weeks). If you do not have a shop, I can put your blog button up or if you would rather I can put up a button for your favorite charity.
3. In addition, for those who make a project inspired by one of my projects or one of my tutorials, I will pick one winner a month and they will get to keep an advertisement in my sidebar for two months. Plus all inspired entrants will be part of a featured post at the end of the month.
I'll be sharing this at: