Thursday, August 12, 2010
Looking for a Creative High Party
Then I tried making a bag out of jeans - I lined it with an old skirt of mine. I loved the bag but could never settle on handles that worked and I liked and were washable.
Finally, I did the obvious. I just sewed a denim strap on. Because I made this bag a couple of years ago, I couldn't match the denim but it will still make a great library bag or project bag.
Yes the sewing is wonky. I have a very basic sewing machine and when I sew fabric that is too heavy, I sometimes have to wrestle with it.
Who had the highest high this week?
This weeks winner is Catie from Do Ah Diddy. She made a fabulous scarf that was inspired by Anthropologie but I think hers is better!!
1. Link to your specific post, not the main page of your blog. Link to something you made that shows off your creative genius; something that gave you a creative high kind of like the endorphin rush that runners talk about. It can be an old post or a new post but it needs to be something you made.
2. Give your entry a descriptive title.
3. Use my button to link back to the party or add a text link in your post.
4. I can't accept links to etsy shops or online stores but I will accept parties and give-a-ways.
5. By entering your link, you are giving me permission to use any part of your post including pictures in a spotlight at Those Northern Skies (appropriate credit and links will be given to you and your blog of course).
1. Every Friday at the next party, I will highlight my favorite posts from the previous week.
2. My favorite entrant of the week will win an advertisement in my sidebar free of charge for one month (four weeks). If you do not have a shop, I can put your blog button up or if you would rather I can put up a button for your favorite charity.
3. In addition, for those who make a project inspired by one of my projects or one of my tutorials, I will pick one winner a month and they will get to keep an advertisement in my sidebar for two months. Plus all inspired entrants will be part of a featured post at the end of the month.