Friday, July 30, 2010

Looking for a Creative High Party #12


Mad Hatter! Well, then, Shall it be a bonnet or a boater? Or something for the boduoir? Cloche, dunce hat, death cap, coif, snood, barboosh, pugree, yarmulke, cockle-hat, porkpie, tam-o'-shanter, billycock, bicorn, tricorn, bandeau, bongrace, fan-tail, nightcap, garibaldi, fez.

My creative high this week definitely came from making hats. Here is my latest creation.

I might edit this post later today to give you a better idea of the brim. This hat is made for me but it gets old trying to get photos of oneself - so C is my every ready model. I used an old denim skirt I picked up at GW and a pair of jeans I got from the free bin at church. I used the jeans for the pocket and the brim. I wanted to use the waistband for the hat band but couldn't make it work.


I didn't line this hat because I wanted it to be extra floppy and I figured denim wears well - I zigzagged the raw edges inside the hat is all.

 
I think this will be my new go-to hat when I am doing errands in Mom-garb - because it will go with so many things. 


K is wearing a hat I made earlier this week. I wore it to book club last night and one of the girls said it looks even better in person than it did in the photos.

PS Don't you love the lens flare in the above photo - it is a beautiful one imho. 

Here is the update to show the brim of the hat.





Last Week's Creative Geniuses!!

I think that I've revealed to you all before that I am incapable of straight lines.  I love what Cecily from Craftopotomus did.

Her self-leveling frames are brilliant. At least then if the frames are not in a straight line they will all be the same amount of crooked (that is if I were to borrow her idea). :)

Sarah from Dolls and Daydreams shares how to make this wonderfully practical baby sling.

Doesn't she seem totally content in a sling with Daddy?

This weeks winner is Adrienne from Kitschalicious for her unique nightlight. I am totally in love with this and want to make one of my own!!


The Rules:
1. Link to your specific post, not the main page of your blog. Link to something you made that shows off your creative genius; something that gave you a creative high kind of like the endorphin rush that runners talk about. It can be an old post or a new post but it needs to be something you made.

2. Give your entry a descriptive title.

3. Use my button to link back to the party or add a text link in your post.

4. I can't accept links to etsy shops or online stores but I will accept parties and give-a-ways.

5. By entering your link, you are giving me permission to use any part of your post including pictures in a spotlight at Those Northern Skies (appropriate credit and links will be given to you and your blog of course).

The Prizes:


1. Every Friday at the next party, I will highlight my favorite posts from the previous week.

2. My favorite entrant of the week will win an advertisement in my sidebar free of charge for one month (four weeks). If you do not have a shop, I can put your blog button up or if you would rather I can put up a button for your favorite charity.

3. In addition, for those who make a project inspired by one of my projects or one of my tutorials, I will pick one winner a month and they will get to keep an advertisement in my sidebar for two months. Plus all inspired entrants will be part of a featured post at the end of the month.



I am sharing this at:





Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up      party!

10 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting this fun party. I always love seeing other's creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute hats and cuter girls! Love the way the denim hat uses the worn jeans look, gotta love it! Thanks for hosting your fun party each week. Great picks from last week, such fun projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa, I love you for posting (and presumably taking the trouble to note down or research it!) that Johnny Depp/Hatter quote, it's a great line in the film..
    I also love your new denim hat - that is cool! Your girls make lovely models, and the photos are great - lens flare is cool :)
    I've been having creative highs in the last couple weeks but NO time to post about it :( will try next week..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:44 PM

    I love your hats and adore your models. The photographer is great too (grin). Happy weekend! xo P.s. I can't make a straight line either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Cute hats. So creative. Thanks for linking up to Finished for Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for featuring my wall art! Super exciting. And that hat is awesome! Might just have to figure out how to make one for myself...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello cutie! I blogged about this earlier on in the week and just wanted to give you a heads up! Much love and *hugs* all around! Have a wonderful weekend doll!!!
    www.fly-houseofdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your hats!

    ReplyDelete