Friday, March 12, 2010

the southern hemisphere

After I made the table lamp, I was left with what to do with the southern hemisphere of my globe and with the base for it. Well - I took care of the southern hemisphere. I replaced the shade on a lamp we already had. Um, yeah those would be The Sword of Rohan and Glamdring for those who love LOTR.



I wrote a tutorial for the floor lamp at Suite101.

For more inspiration and tutorials check out my Lamp Refashion Tutorials post.

I am sharing this at lots of great sites, check them out!!

9 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm visiting from New Friend Friday. Very clever lamp idea. Nice to meet you.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! Definitely a spin that I would have never come up with.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great lamp!! I love it. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the Queen of re-purposing! That is such a great idea. How do you keep coming with these gems!?

    Hope you and your family have a wonderful weekend.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, awesome, original, and useful. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is just cool. so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun! And it looks great as company to the swords.

    ReplyDelete