Tuesday, March 02, 2010

long-sleeved t-shirt transformed into super cute dress

I made two new refashioned dresses for C on Saturday. This is one of them. Her school is changing its name and was selling all the old gear for insanely cheap prices so I bought some extra shirts ($2.50) to make into dresses for the girls.

The fabric was from the thrift store and was less than two dollars.


It reminds me a tiny bit of Rainbow Bright - I think it is the kinda pouffy sleeves.


The heart fabric I bought at the thrift store is really nice quality - super soft - it is almost a shame to match it to the rather stiff fabric of the shirt but the color matched perfectly.



make it wear it

5 comments:

  1. Very nice. The dress looks great with those leggings.

    I have started sewing but I am too afraid to sew knits. I think I need to take another class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so crafty...great job! :)

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool! beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so clever to take advantage of the sale! I love it with the leggings! Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. Your blog is very pretty. I love the picture in the title.

    ReplyDelete