Tuesday, March 02, 2010

long-sleeved t-shirt transformed into super cute dress

I made two new refashioned dresses for C on Saturday. This is one of them. Her school is changing its name and was selling all the old gear for insanely cheap prices so I bought some extra shirts ($2.50) to make into dresses for the girls.

The fabric was from the thrift store and was less than two dollars.

It reminds me a tiny bit of Rainbow Bright - I think it is the kinda pouffy sleeves.

The heart fabric I bought at the thrift store is really nice quality - super soft - it is almost a shame to match it to the rather stiff fabric of the shirt but the color matched perfectly.

make it wear it


  1. Very nice. The dress looks great with those leggings.

    I have started sewing but I am too afraid to sew knits. I think I need to take another class. :)

  2. You are so crafty...great job! :)


  3. cool! beautiful...

  4. You are so clever to take advantage of the sale! I love it with the leggings! Thanks for dropping by!

  5. So cute. Your blog is very pretty. I love the picture in the title.