Friday, February 19, 2010

this that and the next thing

This is a random, show-and-tell kinda post. The girls think that the television is a great mirror and spend hours playing in front of it watching their reflections. Note child lying in armchair.


I solved the problem (and it makes the living room look a bit neater too). I bought a pressure rod, used a thrift store blanket skirt, and some wool felt and made this.


I even figured out what to do with it when we are watching t.v. We don't use the fireplace so I just used some of those wonderful 3-M hooks and now we just move it!!


We are a very classy family. ;) We have a beautiful dining table with a huge lazy susan in the middle. To protect the surface of the lazy susan, I've always put a couple of rectangular place mats on it - not very neat. But now...thanks to the same skirt and the same wool felt....tada!!


It isn't perfect it has a bit of a wave but I knew that given my inexperience in applique it would and it looks a great deal better than the place mats.

I told you awhile back to start saving your eggshells. This is one of the things I was working on. It takes about half a dozen eggshells and a bit of time but isn't it awesome!! I'm writing a tutorial to post at Suite101 soon.


Yes I used the same template for the cross on the television curtain as for the eggshell mosaic. They resemble the giant paper mache cross that hangs in the entry of our home.


And I got a surprise package in the mail today!! My friend Judy from Anybody Home sent me this!! Thanks Judy. I was so excited when I saw the return address!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:23 AM

    Lovely and great ideas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I LOVE the birds on your lazy susan!!! Love, love, love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melissa you are so creative!

    ReplyDelete