Wednesday, February 17, 2010

make a really cool zipper necklace

The bracelet I made yesterday really got me jazzed and so I got out my old coat that has both zippers and buttons, carefully cut out the zipper (I am keeping the coat for shoveling the drive, winter walks, and the like), and made this!



I think I like this more than the bracelet.


I am sure more zipper things will be showing up here. Yesterday when I was at Bible Study (WOW) a 95-year-old lady (who for some reason thinks what I do is remarkable) gave me a box of old notions. She used to sew and she wanted to give them to someone who will use them. There are a few things that I am not sure what to do with. For instance, stocking supports.

I posted a tutorial at Suite101.

I have lots of zipper inspiration and tutorials for you.


I am sharing at:

make it wear it



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I remember when necklaces like this were popular in the 80's, but it was never a real zipper. This is great!

    Thank you so much for linking up with the Talented Tuesday link party at My Frugal Family, which is hosted every Tuesday. Please feel free to stop back in every week and post your newest projects!

    ReplyDelete