Thursday, January 08, 2009

gifts from a friendship


My youngest child, Light, is in preschool. Her best friend his a little boy named after (not really but he does share the name) of a famous train. They like many, many, many of the same things including a love of a certain blue train and a red race car.

As many of you know, I am not the kind of person to introduce myself to or push a friendship onto people I don't know. So when his Mom, Jen, invited us on a play date, well that was a good thing. We've met with Jen, Thomas, and his sister, on neutral territory a couple of times and I found to my surprise (sorry) Jen that I had a lot more in common with Jen than I thought.

Today, Jen and Thomas came to our house. While Jen and I were visiting, she told me about her blog. She feels it is a gift and calling from God. I would share what she said but I don't want to get it wrong or infringe. However, she writes almost daily words of encouragement for friends and strangers.

I would love for you all to meet her at what real women do.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you found more in common than you thought. I'll go check this link out.

    ReplyDelete