Friday, January 18, 2008

gifts



This was a gift for my FIL. It showcases a bunch of old family photos (years ago when DramaQueen was a newborn I scanned a bunch of their old photos for him - it has come in handy more than once to have them on my hard drive).

It is a Connect Four game. I found the idea at Craftster. You can read about it here.

Crafster - that reminds me of something. My Scrabble board tutorial made The Crafster's Best for 2007 at Crafster.



Speaking of Scrabble boards. My in-laws wanted me to make another one so they could keep one and use one for the party game at Christmas. So I made another one. I used a Golden Gel medium for the finish. It did funky things to the pink squares, they turned orange. Guess I should have sealed it first.



Many, many years ago, one of my aunts (aunt N for those who know her) gave me a jewelry box after her boyfriend broke up with her. I used it until I went to college then I gave it to my youngest sister.

About a year ago I had the brilliant idea to make a dolly wardrobe from a jewelry box but couldn't find what I wanted. I described what I wanted to my Mom and she said that they had an old jewelry box of B's did I want it. I said no - that was mine from Aunt N and yes I did want it.

It was plain, ugly brown. I painted it, distressed it, decoupaged it. I put marigolds on top so that when DramaQueen grew up she could use it for jewelry if she wanted and fairies inside for a surprise.

DramaQueen uses it for her jewelry and that is fine with me. She loves it.


Marigolds on top for the big girl who wants to be.


Fairies for the little girl inside.



I found this a Goodwill last year and thought it would make a great Christmas gift for Stinkerbell. Isn't it pretty?

6 comments:

  1. I just love the connect 4 idea.

    As usual, you do some great crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All lovely (the piano is too fun.) WE have a an old jewelry box the girls use for a doll dresser (this is their second, they broke the first). I love the idea for the connect four game. Too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Scrabble board has always been one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

    Now, that Connect Four runs a close second.

    The piano...oooohhhh...LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:51 AM

    The connect 4 is just so cool. I loooove the jewelery box ~ it's gorgeous! Tiny cute piano

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are so very crafty I love all the thing that you have done... your little girls are fortunate that you make them such cute things to enjoy...
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Precious jewelry box re-do. :-)

    Mari-Nanci

    ReplyDelete