Tuesday, September 18, 2007

emotional mindset

Thanks for your concern. I want to let you know that I am doing much better today. Yesterday my single goal in life was to do nothing. Today, I am doing better.

Several of you suggested I might need to take it easy. You are right and I know it. I am doing that to the best of my ability. We have a lot of scheduled external commitments that require my presence and energy [such as doctor appointments and school meetings (I think homeschoolers are wise - homeschooling can allow the parents' to arrange schedules to fit better into their lifestyle and to step outside the insanity)] but I am trying to limit everything else as much as possible and to simply give myself space to switch gears from one task to the next.

The second half of the week has fewer external requirements and should be easier.

The wind spinners were made last week. So do not worry, I did not sit down and create a bunch of spinners this week. :)

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that things are improving. You're right that the outside demands on us can be daunting enough...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa - I'm glad you're feeling better. And the spinners are totally fun - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you are at least half way back up to par !!!
    I love the wind spinners... my sister in law has them hanging from the trees at her house... and they are so relaxing (you almost go into dreamland... sitting in the breeze watching them )
    feel better soon !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So hard to find time for one's self, to recharge batteries, when you are in this busy, busy time of life. But I'm glad you recognize the need and are trying... as much as is possible.

    And yes, it was Johnny Cash's 'Ring Of Fire' which I was thinking of, when writing this entry. I searched for a photo, with 'Ring Of Fire' but didn't find many. So of course, I'm still humming it in my mind too! :-)

    Btw, did you know that June Cash's words, were the inspiration for that song? I won't regail you with the whole story. ,-) My granddaughter just can't imagine how/why I have this *treasure trove* of little-known-and-little-sought-after pieces of info, floating around in my head. -grin-

    But... it does come in handy when my husband asks for suggestions, to solve his crossword puzzles!

    Mari-Nanci

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you've had a rough few days, but it's good to hear you feel better. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you're feeling better. Fatigue and schedule demands can really pull one down emotionally. I hope this latter part of the week is running easier for you. Take care of yourself, ((Melissa)).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending a hug to you and a prayer for you!

    ReplyDelete