Wednesday, March 14, 2007

electricity


A coin short-circuited a pair of floor outlets in our living room and caused a fuse to blow. Above you see that coin. Electricity is hot and fast.

We have an area behind our couch that has floor outlets. When C was young I blocked passage to that area with a trunk that we used as an end table. C being who she is never went back there. K does. We think we know where the coin came from. Nothing in the house seems K proof sometimes. I am just thankful. Period. God does watch over us.

Just remember for the sake of your children - electricity is brutal - the dime above will prove it.

11 comments:

  1. Oh my! Look how it's melted. Scary. God protects us doesn't He? Hugs.

    Lol my Granddad had an electric shock once by hitting a wire with a drill. He was knocked back and came too with his eyebrows smoking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so glad to know she wasn't hurt. Makes my heart fluttery at the very thought ...

    great picture of the coin.

    Krina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just the other evening we were watching House Hunters and they showed a home that had outlets in the floor and my husband had never seen that!!! I wondered which rock he had been living under ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Issac recently did the same thing with the vaccuum cleaner. Bam--knocked out the lights in the office.

    We also use an old trunk for a coffee table.

    Issac wrote a postcard but I forgot to send it with the whole head thing. I showed him pics of your girls--he says they are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kid who found things no one else kid:
    was wearing overalls with metal snaps and crawled over a lamp with a fraying cord. (yes, stupid, dangerous me, loves old stuff) and there was this zapping and little blaze of fire. She was absolutely fine, the lamp went out, and the metal melted much like your coin.

    My other three would never have had that happen to them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the heads up.

    I've old lamps, low outlets and a young grandson.

    Haven't got a dime though...

    So thankful that it wasn't any worse!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous5:12 AM

    Did this happen yesterday? Scary! Thank God for watching over the little adventurer (imp).
    NLM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:36 AM

    That should reinforce the "do not put things into the electrical outlet" warnings. dsm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:14 AM

    Hey, you need to keep the dime as a keepsake or punch a hole in it and put it on a chain for Kira and give it to her as a God's grace necklace sometime in the future when she can appreciate the God's grace significance. NLM

    ReplyDelete
  10. These types of incidents really make me realize how little control I really have. It's so reassuring to know that our little ones are in His hands. I'm so glad your little one was not hurt, ME!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man! So scary. Glad everyone is ok and that you found the culprit. (the dime, not K lol).

    ReplyDelete