Tuesday, November 07, 2006

a gift for toppy

A tissue box cover that I made for my friend in Scotland. I've made 9-10 of these as Christmas gifts this year. I like making them - all the tissue boxes are thrift store buys (at the thrift store you 49 cents to a dollar for them as opposed to 4 or 5 dollars minimum at a department store or craft store). Painting them is always fun, cutting out the papers is usually fun, putting on the layers of decoupage medium is relaxing...the only part I don't like is sanding - it is a bit tedious - and clear coat is something to rush through. But I do enjoy it. In fact, if you want one let me know!!










To see more of them you can go to my gallery: http://www.pbase.com/marybell/other_outlets

2 comments:

  1. Neat. I saw some tissue boxes in the thrift store last week and thought of you.

    ReplyDelete