Mad Hatter! Well, then, Shall it be a bonnet or a boater? Or something for the boduoir? Cloche, dunce hat, death cap, coif, snood, barboosh, pugree, yarmulke, cockle-hat, porkpie, tam-o'-shanter, billycock, bicorn, tricorn, bandeau, bongrace, fan-tail, nightcap, garibaldi, fez.
My creative high this week definitely came from making hats. Here is my latest creation.
I might edit this post later today to give you a better idea of the brim. This hat is made for me but it gets old trying to get photos of oneself - so C is my every ready model. I used an old denim skirt I picked up at GW and a pair of jeans I got from the free bin at church. I used the jeans for the pocket and the brim. I wanted to use the waistband for the hat band but couldn't make it work.
I didn't line this hat because I wanted it to be extra floppy and I figured denim wears well - I zigzagged the raw edges inside the hat is all.
I think this will be my new go-to hat when I am doing errands in Mom-garb - because it will go with so many things.
K is wearing a hat I made earlier this week. I wore it to book club last night and one of the girls said it looks even better in person than it did in the photos.
PS Don't you love the lens flare in the above photo - it is a beautiful one imho.
Here is the update to show the brim of the hat.
Last Week's Creative Geniuses!!
I think that I've revealed to you all before that I am incapable of straight lines. I love what Cecily from Craftopotomus did.
Sarah from Dolls and Daydreams shares how to make this wonderfully practical baby sling.
This weeks winner is Adrienne from Kitschalicious for her unique nightlight. I am totally in love with this and want to make one of my own!!
1. Link to your specific post, not the main page of your blog. Link to something you made that shows off your creative genius; something that gave you a creative high kind of like the endorphin rush that runners talk about. It can be an old post or a new post but it needs to be something you made.
2. Give your entry a descriptive title.
3. Use my button to link back to the party or add a text link in your post.
4. I can't accept links to etsy shops or online stores but I will accept parties and give-a-ways.
5. By entering your link, you are giving me permission to use any part of your post including pictures in a spotlight at Those Northern Skies (appropriate credit and links will be given to you and your blog of course).
1. Every Friday at the next party, I will highlight my favorite posts from the previous week.
2. My favorite entrant of the week will win an advertisement in my sidebar free of charge for one month (four weeks). If you do not have a shop, I can put your blog button up or if you would rather I can put up a button for your favorite charity.
3. In addition, for those who make a project inspired by one of my projects or one of my tutorials, I will pick one winner a month and they will get to keep an advertisement in my sidebar for two months. Plus all inspired entrants will be part of a featured post at the end of the month.
I am sharing this at: