Thursday, May 13, 2010

sheet moss and cornmeal boxes

Did you know Dollar Tree sells moss in sheets and in rolls? Pretty cool stuff.


Last Friday, I was insanely busy. I shot our school's golf tournament fund raiser and I shot the second grade teacher's annual (and final as she is retiring) Castle Day. My youngest also had a bowling birthday party to go to and we went out to eat for Mother's Day.

In addition, all the moms in K's class put together a gift basket and me to surprise her teacher at the end of the class day (K's teacher has had an incredibly difficult year and so we've made a point of bringing her meals through the year and trying to help out as much as possible and so Teacher's Appreciation Week was another great opportunity). Unfortunately in all my going back and forth, I forgot to bring my contribution.

So I gave it to her this week and I made a little gift box for it.



I am sharing this at:

Fireflies and Jellybeans: Show off Your Stuff Party

House of Hepworths: Hooking Up with HOH

Somewhat Simple: Strut your Stuff

Finding Fabulous: Frugalicious Friday




.

8 comments:

  1. Ooh! Good to know about the sheet moss! I never go to that store, will have to look for one now. Is everything a dollar there?
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, got some recently. Love the project

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that, and the little acorns on top? Genius! Our Dollar stores here don't sell the sheet moss but I have my eye out when they do. Also, sending lots of positive thoughts to the store managers...sheet moss, sheet moss, sheet moss. It could happen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where were you a few weeks ago when I paid 6 times as much at Michael's?

    I awarded you the "Trendy Blog Award". Please come by and get your button/award.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did not know about the moss in sheets, I went to our Dollar Tree and they did not have any moss at all. I kinda wanted some for my niece's wedding...I am "doing ' the flowers and could use some of that moss. I will try some other stores, Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not know about the moss in sheets, I went to our Dollar Tree and they did not have any moss at all. I kinda wanted some for my niece's wedding...I am "doing ' the flowers and could use some of that moss. I will try some other stores, Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did not know this! I love the look of moss. So it is good to know where to get some on the cheap! :) This little treasure box is adorable. Love it.

    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Melissa.. Thanks for the heads up on the moss! It's on my list of needs (funny need)and I am glad not to pay Michaels prices on it!
    Love the nest of acorns!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete