Tuesday, April 10, 2007

we all think, don't we?

I was recently awarded a 'Thinking Blogger' award by two different friends. Krina at Queenheroical nominated me first and then a week later my friend Sarah at A Bend in the Road nominated me. I am not sure how to state my pleasure so I will simply say thank you and thus abbreviate my acceptance speech. I will now move onto my duties which include awarding five other deserving members of blogland this award.

I like what Joyce at Chronicles with Blunderview did when she received her award (and very deservingly, I might add). She moved her nominations out of the realm of self-perpetuation, however, I don't want to steal her thunder. So I am doing my own thing which is to modify perhaps expand the notion of a thinking blogger to fit my needs. ;)

I think what unifies many people who have received this award and whose blogs I've read is that they are reflective thinkers and they are verbal thinkers and it comes out naturally in their writing. I've decided to track my awards differently as at least four of the people I would automatically consider nominating have already been nominated at least once.

I got to thinking about some other blogs that I always click on immediately if they show up on my bloglines. They share a common theme; they are daily blogs about the daily life of those who write them. They are reflective of life in a more direct way and for some reason the simplicity of the writings and images these five people post please me. I am a lurker at four of these blogs. I read them with great enjoyment but do not feel compelled to comment. However, I think that enjoyment deserves some recognition and so I am awarding them this little award as a token of my appreciation.

1.) Melissa at Tea with Milk has a calm and pleasant daily life. I know it isn't as calm and pleasant as it makes me feel but her posts and her demeanor make me feel settled. I am afraid her blog isn't entirely within my added criteria either as I do comment but I am giving you a bonus person so...(sheepish grin).

2.) Pleasant View School House is a charming blog that always has loads of gorgeous photos. I always enjoy reading her bits about her children as her love for them is palpable.

3.) (4:53 a.m.) is a blog that I always look forward to as she always posts short and sweet daily posts that include photos about all the enjoyable things in life; the weather, her projects, her family, her faith. I am a lurker only at her site.

4.) Camille at Camille's Place blogs about her daily quilting and craft endeavors. It isn't as daily life in the traditional sense as some of my other nominees. However, I always look forward to seeing what she has going on at the moment. I have never commented on her site that I am aware of.

5.) Charlotte Lyons' blog house wren studios is by craft diva Charlotte Lyons whose two books I check out from the library frequently. Yet her blog is simple, unaffected, and as friendly as any of the previous blogs. Her posts are a combination of craft and daily life, two things that I enjoy and appreciate. I have commented once on her site as the cuteness of a particular project made it impossible not to.

This is a bonus as this blogger doesn't fit into my previously stated criteria.

6.) The last blog isn't a person I did not know before my foray into blogland. It also isn't a blog where I mostly lurk. My last nominee is my Uncle P. His blog My Tippy isn't quite so daily as the preceding blogs, however, it is about daily life and I think he deserves visitors.

Here are the *rules*:

1. If you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.

3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.

Here are the two versions of the award:


8 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this mention. I have watched the thinking blogger awards with interest - I have been wondering if the perception of a craft blogger is somehow not in the thinking catagory.
    You honor me with this nomination...and recognition that crafters are also thinkers!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your award. I like how you paid it forward to the others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking bloggers. We think therefore we are. But sometimes as a SAHM I think, there's no-one over the age of 5 to tell, so I blog :) I think therefore I blog. Hehehehehe.

    Glad you liked your award :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Thank you for your recommendation of my blog..
    I had not heard of the thinking bloggers, but I guess in a way we all think, whether it's about life or whether it's what we are going to do next...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your title says it all. And says it well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I messed up again! I can't seem to remember how to do HTML links. Grrr...

    I went over to visit your uncle, 'mytippy.' There, I finally wrote out the name of the blog.

    I have a lonnnnnnnnnn link to it. But that is not the proper way to do links. Yish...

    :-)

    Mari-Nanci

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whooooopssssie. I just gave it to you too. LOL You don't have to do 5 more people. See how you have us all thinking? :)

    ReplyDelete